September 8 is World Physical Therapy Day!
All of us at Northern Rehab would like to take the opportunity to help raise awareness of our profession that contributes to keeping people well, mobile, active, and independent.
This year’s theme is focused on chronic pain and the role that physical therapy and physical activity can have in helping people manage chronic pain.
Benefits of using physical therapy and exercise in managing chronic pain include:
- maintaining flexibility and movement
- improve cardiovascular health
- build and keep muscle tone
- improve mood and general well-being
- help control pain
- increase confidence to take part in activities
- take back control of your life and reduce fear
Through treatment, advice, education, and exercise programs, physical therapists support people of all ages to achieve activity goals. We thank you for choosing and trusting Northern Rehab for your physical therapy care! Please let us know how we can help you safely manage pain, so you can get back to the activities you enjoy doing!