Northern Rehab is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation from the Centers for Disease Control, local and state governments, the World Health Organization, and other public health resources. Your health is our highest priority, and we encourage you to stay informed about the latest developments. Northern Rehab would like to inform you of our continued preparedness and response to the COVID-19 Virus.
We continue to remain diligent in our commitment to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients, care givers, and staff. In addition to our regular health and sanitation protocols, we continue to provide hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes upon your arrival to our clinic, and continue to sanitize tables and all equipment. Our facilities are cleaned on a daily basis, and we have implemented constant anti-bacterial wipe down of frequently touched surfaces including door handles, front desk areas, countertops, and exercise equipment.
As COVID-19 continues, we would like to share these prevention tips to help keep you healthy and safe.
Similar to Influenza and other corona viruses, COVID-19 illness varies from very mild to severe with high-risk individuals (older adults and those with pre-existing/chronic medical or compromised immune systems) being more likely to suffer severe episodes. It is recommended that everyone follow simple, yet effective, everyday prevention practices that remain the best way to control all communicable diseases:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; before preparing food; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%-95% alcohol.
• Stay home if you are sick or not feeling well, except to get medical care. Ask a family member or friend to go to the store or pharmacy for you to pick up necessity items.
• If you are sick or not feeling well, please call us to cancel and reschedule your PT appointment.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people; this is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Remember to wash your hands!
• Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning product.
Thank you for putting your trust in Northern Rehab for your physical therapy care! We continue to monitor the situation daily and will keep you informed of new information. As always, if you are sick, have a fever, or just not feeling well, please call us right away to cancel and reschedule your appointment.
To learn more information regarding the prevention and treatment of COVID-19, please visit the CDC Website.