Take The Choose To Move Northern Rehab Challenge
September 28 through October 9, 2020
Have you and your family been looking for something fun and NEW to do in our community? Northern Rehab Physical Therapy Specialists invites you to participate in our inaugural “Choose To Move Northern Rehab Challenge”. Northern Rehab is challenging the community to move! The event takes place from Monday, September 28 through Friday, October 9, as participants can choose to do a variety of new activities anywhere, at their convenience, anytime within our community.
October is National Physical Therapy Month, which raises awareness of the value and benefits of physical therapy. Ken Olson, Physical Therapist and Northern Rehab President comments, “As part of PT Month, we wanted to create a new event to encourage physical activity while making it fun for the whole family. We also wanted to create a fundraiser for the Voluntary Action Center of DeKalb County (VAC). The VAC provides many important services and programs to promote health, nutrition, and mobility for members of our community and this provides a way for Northern Rehab to support the VAC.”
Aaron Nevdal, Northern Rehab Partner and lead Physical Therapist in Rochelle adds, “Since our Rochelle clinic is in Ogle County, we decided to additionally support the Rochelle Hub City Senior Center for this event. The Senior Center provides several programs, services, and meals to meet the diverse needs and interests of senior citizens within the Rochelle community."
Northern Rehab Physical Therapist Melissa Beck explains, “With everyone staying close to home right now, we wanted to create something fun and new to motivate everyone to get up, get moving, and go out to explore our community. It’s created for all ages and great for the whole family to participate as well as couples, individuals, senior citizens, friends and co-workers (safely physically distanced, of course!)”
Here’s how the event works - Anytime from Sept. 28 through Oct. 9:
- Download or pick up (available at any of our 4 clinics) a Choose To Move Northern Rehab Challenge Activity Card - DOWNLOAD ACTIVITY CARD HERE >>>
- Choose 4 (or more) activities from the card (If you complete all activities you earn an extra raffle entry!) You may do activities at your convenience any time between Sept. 28 through Oct. 9
- Take a picture of yourself or family doing ONE of the activities
- Follow Northern Rehab on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Post your picture on one of Northern Rehab’s social media pages – be sure to tag Northern Rehab AND include hashtag #CHOOSENORTHERNREHABFIRST in your post.
- OR - If you’re not on social media, E-mail us your photo with permission to post it on social media to Deb@northernrehabpt.com
- Bring your completed Activity Card to any of Northern Rehab’s 4 locations (DeKalb Main, DeKalb Lincoln Highway, Genoa or Rochelle) and receive a limited-edition event t-shirt (adult and youth sizes available) AND be entered in our raffle! Cards must be dropped off during the event dates of Monday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Oct. 9 (offices closed on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Participants may earn up to 3 raffle entries by completing certain requirements:
- 1st Entry = Complete 4 activities and turn in your Activity Card
- 2nd Entry = Post your picture doing one activity on one of our social media platforms OR E-mail us your photo
- 3rd Entry = Complete all 16 activities and turn in your Activity Card
- Raffle prizes will be announced on social media on October 13. Prizes include:
- $50 donation in the winner’s name to a non-profit organization of their choice
- Northern Rehab nylon blue hoodies
- Northern Rehab cotton black sweatshirts
- There is no cost for participants; however, in lieu of a registration/participation fee, Northern Rehab invites you to consider making a donation to either the Voluntary Action Center (VAC) or Rochelle Hub City Senior Center. Any amount is welcome, even just $10.00 would be great! Northern Rehab will match donations up to $500! Donations for the VAC and Rochelle Senior Center will be collected at all of our clinic locations and can be dropped off when you pick up your event t-shirt (Cash or checks only please! Made out to the Voluntary Action Center or Rochelle Hub City Senior Center)
“We would be thrilled to see the whole community participate, from families with young kids, to senior citizen, as well as current and former patients along with their families, friends, and neighbors take this opportunity to get out, get moving, and try a new activity” comments Melissa Wagner, Northern Rehab Partner and Lead Physical Therapist in Genoa. “Everyone in our area, especially those in the communities in which we serve in DeKalb, Sycamore, Genoa and Rochelle are invited to accept our challenge and participate in the Choose To Move Northern Rehab Challenge anytime from September 29 through October 9!”
Northern Rehab looks forward to seeing our community take the Choose To Move Northern Rehab Challenge! Will YOU choose to accept this challenge to get moving and try something new?
PT Melissa Beck, her girls and their dog, have a special invitation for you!